Monday, August 6, 2007

Planning a design

Before we went away I sent in my entry form for the Melville Art Awards. Fortunately no detail other than a title and medium was required - no pernickety requirements for size or (shudder) photographs. My entry is in the textile and mixed media sections and is titled 'Wings'. The finished piece is due on or about the 23rd August - I will need to check the exact date.

When I sent in the entry form I had no idea what I would be doing, but I thought the title was so vague that I could do almost anything. I still don't know exactly, but after several hours of Googling I am beginning to develop a couple of ideas.

One involves layers of organza printed with winged creatures - angels, birds, butterflies.

Another also involves layering, but this time the wings would be separate pieces constructed using various techniques attached to a printed or painted base fabric.

I have started sketching and note making - tomorrow I may start collecting bits of usable materials. I will keep you posted.

No comments: