Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy Day and Housework

It bucketed down today - lovely!

I had thought to do a bit more on the blue butterfly piece, but when I actually looked at the house I realised that there was some major cleaning up needed in the kitchen/dining area (which is where I do most of my planning, note writing etc) and the laundry (the painting, heat gunning, soldering iron area - and I do do the washing and ironing there too occasionally), not to mention the state of the floors. So I sorted all the piles of papers and filed a lot of them, paid some bills, and the dining area looked almost tidy! Then I tackled the laundry. There are still piles of stuff on the bench, but the paints and tools are back in their allotted places and I can now see some actual bench. I really need some shelves so I can get stuff off the benches for more working room and (hopefully) greater tidiness.

By the time I had done all this and swept and mopped, I didn't feel like attacking the sewing room. I have spent the rest of the day revisiting the computer design work we did on Friday and finishing the partial stitchout we did. I have fluffed out the fringes and hooped up for the second part of the exercise. I will take it to Club day on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Judy next door has just come over with some birthday cake and a bottle of bubbly as thanks for letting us park their kids' cars here overnight so there was more room on their drive and lawn for the guests . It really wasn't a hassle, especially since we can't close the garage door and the cars offered another line of defence against possible villains. The party was amazingly quiet. Everyone should have neighbours like this.

No comments: