Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another Day Out

My sister and I decided to spend one of her last days of holiday doing an antique shop crawl. We ended up at Guildford and since we were so close I persuaded her to go to the Coal Dam I talked about a few days ago. She loved it - and I did remember to take the camera this time.



We didn't buy anything antiquey, but we found a shop in Guildford that had heaps of Asian stuff and did indulge there, and in textiles to boot! Sis bought 5 bright batik fans to use as decorations for a party she is having in a couple of weeks, plus a silk shawl/scarf in a stunning shade of yellow. I found another one that had been dip-dyed in an olivey green and then had something sprinkled on it to produce a texture like rain drops. I love it. I tried to take a photo this evening but the sea breeze made it too fluttery. I'll try tomorrow.

No comments: