Saturday, January 6, 2007

Twelfth Night


and the traditional time to take down Christmas decorations. So I did. I had some new ones this year because I took part in a six month secret sister swap and received some wonderful country style fabric Christmas dolls made by my secret sister. Thank you so much, Jane. I love both of them, but particularly the Santa.
I put everything away neatly, sorted the Christmas cards into two heaps: "keep" and "recycle" and rewarded myself with an hour in the sewing room to start on a new pair of slacks that were already cut out. One piece missing...... and the scraps had gone missing too, though I know I saw them when I was tidying up before Christmas. They are still AWOL after turning out the cupboard - aargh! So nothing done, except wind a couple of bobbins.
THEN I remembered that I hadn't taken down the wreath by the front door and the bits and bobs in the alfresco area, so I did that and crammed them into the spare room cupboard which somehow doesn't look as neat as it did in the early afternoon ..............

No comments: