Friday, January 5, 2007

Playing with the embellisher







I started a new piece today, hooray! Not enough done to show as yet, but I thought I would put up some pieces I've already done. I like some of them, others are a bit ho-hum.
The top left piece was done in a workshop with Dale. It has all kinds of bits under a chffon overlay. Next to it is another one of the same type - scraps of fabric and lace under chiffon. The next two are a piece of prefelt that failed to felt into synthetic chiffon (an attempt to make a nuno scarf), but which works well under the embellisher, and its reverse side. I think I will continue to work on this piece. Next is silk cocoons and circles of angelina fabric gathered and attached with some wool. Finally, lengths of carpet yarn that was dropped onto kunin felt and embellished into place (I don't like that verb - are there any alternatives?). I then distressed the kunin felt with a heat gun.

4 comments:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Hi Joan, nice to see you have a blog now, will keep an eye on it.
Best wishes for a creative New Year, Linda.

Digitalgran said...

Your samples Joan. You are so lucky to have had a class with Dale. what a good idea to combine embellishing with Kunin felt and distressing it in this way.

Digitalgran said...

I don't know what happened to the first part of the last comment. It should read I love your samples Joan(smile)

Maureen said...

Hi Joan.....I discovered you through a friend of mine(Maureen G of Tangled threads)
I have to ask is your Embellisher a babylock or a Janome Xpression?
Did you know that yahoo hostas a couple of needle punch/embellisher
groups?

Maureen (in Qld)