Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tassels, bags and more shopping

I went to Club day at Bestway Sewing Centre in Willetton this morning. It is a monthly "must do", not only because Pam usually has great projects, but also because it is wonderful to see what other people come up with.

Linda was there today with some bags she had made and the tassels she received in the Thread Studio swap. They were fabulous and I spent some time fondling them after they had been passed around the group. I have some ideas about embellishments for my own work and I think tassels may be a future challenge for the textile group I belong to. Linda's bags and the tassels can be seen here.

In the afternoon, after a visit to the Thread Studio, then a shop in Belmont which only sells fabrics suitable for theatrical performances (wall to wall glitz, glitter and bling) and the Salvo's next door to that, I met up with my daughter at Design Edge. This shop is a showcase for new Western Australian designers and we spent over an hour poring (and pawing) over the garments for sale. Except for a rack of caftan type garments there was nothing for me, but Helen found a skirt marked down from $270 to $40 that fitted her. Very nice, urky green velvet with handstitching around slits in the hem. Then she spotted a black one with machine embroidery. Second purchase made.

So another day with no actual sewing, but lots of textile bits to enjoy.

No comments: