Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sewing Room Cleanup


Our daughter hired a carpet cleaning machine from Bunnings yesterday and brought it round for us to use as well. The carpet in my sewing room, which was originally a bedroom, has had some bad stains on it since the day we moved in nearly two years ago. No more! The spotting solution worked a treat and the whole area is spotless - just waiting for me to drop thread ends all over it again.

BTW - I have found the VERY best tool for picking up thread ends easily. It is a toilet brush (unused of course!). With its long handle it is ideal to pull over the carpet and all those thread bits which clog up the vacuum are grabbed by the bristles. Of course, then you have to pick them out of the bristles . . . . . .

In preparation for the machine I had to remove a heap of stuff from the floor under my sewing table and put it on top. Before it is all returned to its usual spots I am planning to sort it out and maybe toss some of it. I know there are two boxes of ugly rayon fabrics that I bought for making chenille- will I ever use them? I haven't made a scarf for a year now. Still, they are there if I decide I want to make some more.

Any way, I will have to wait till the carpet is completely dry. Tomorrow probably if the weather doesn't turn humid.

No comments: