Sunday, January 28, 2007

Lazy Play Day

Today I have not set foot outside the house since 8 am. Who would - with airconditioning inside and steadily rising temperatures outside? I will go and hand water a few plants in an hour or so. I can see them steadily wilting from the window, but watering in the heat doesn't do a lot of good.

The Designer One list came up trumps with suggestions about my problem with 3D Sketch. Apparently it happens from time to time and the solution is too easy. Go to Configure and Reset All Modules. You don't even have to restart the computer.

So I spent a couple of hours with a copyright free black and white sketch I had downloaded from an online colouring-in book and turned it into a redwork design. Of course I haven't stitched it out yet, but it looks good on the screen. I did make a few errors but I was able to solve all of them quite easily. Such fun, but my hand hurt afterwards. I must learn to have a more relaxed hold on the stylus.

Then I played for a bit with the embellisher and with FME on some of the pieces I have made. I have cut 4 ATCs from one piece and made single ATCs from a couple of other bits. No photos yet - I want to back them and finish the edges first. I will send some to Dale for her swap in February and there is another swap on the Aus-NZ Art Quilters list. You need to make sets of six for that one, all as a series. I need to make some bigger embellisher pieces to use as backgrounds.

No comments: