Monday, January 22, 2007

Software Adventures

I have spent a lot of time today working through some 3D Studio customising exercises from Computer Club. The next meeting is Wednesday and I want to be able to follow this month's exercises easily.

I first attempted a line of letters, appliqued. I managed to produce outline sheets to use with vliesofix (I even remembered to reverse the letters - how good is that!), but I am not happy with the automatically generated satin stitch. Even though I tried to improve it in the editing program, I think I will do the project the old-fashioned way and just manually satin stitch the applique pieces. I know that I learned a lot by this fiddling, but to be honest I could have done it a lot quicker by printing off the letters I needed.

Then I worked through the exercise from the last club day back in November. It was lace Christmas bells and I actually stitched out and constructed the bell. The lace is really really dense and I am not happy with the result, so I will have another fiddle tomorrow.



The next lot of computers for Zimbabwe are finally packed. I took a picture of them loaded on the trailer. Kevin tried to get rid of them today, but there was no room. The container is full of student chairs which have just been dumped in there. This is only a temporary container and it is not worth the hassle to repack the chairs when they would only have to be moved and packed again. So we still have a dozen boxes to put somewhere until the real container returns from its last Zimbabwean trip.

No comments: