Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Opshopping and sewing


I still haven't played at all, though I went to the machine yesterday and started to construct a much needed pair of trousers. I also altered the shoulders of a very nice silk chiffon dress my daughter bought in the sales for about a sixth of its original price.
So I went shopping too today. Not for clothes. That is always a recipe for frustration - they just don't fit. I went to buy a new frying pan. In fact I bought two, of different sizes. I also bought 3 books (Judith Pinnell's second silk paper book, Gwen Diehl's Decorated Page and a novel, all reduced by at least 20%), a box frame for a piece of textile work some time, three balls of knitting yarn, some beading thread and a box with 100 different cookie cutters. This is destined for my daughter who teaches junior primary.
On the way home I visited the local Salvo's shop. Found a blue woollen blanket and this scarf. I think the scarf will work well as part of an embellisher piece. Both were bargains - the blanket was $4.50 and the scarf $2, but they both had green tickets and it was green ticket day. Half price. Money well spent.
I plan to revisit the sewing machine this afternoon to finish the trousers. Then I hope to play with the embellisher for a while.

No comments: