Sunday, January 21, 2007

Anything but working with fibre

Yesterday I finally decided that I could not put up with the problems I was having with my mobile phone any more and decided to take it back to the retailer for repair. But of course, I couldn't be without one while it was getting fixed. My daughter had just upgraded to a new phone so I asked to borrow hers for a while. Simple job just to to switch the SIM card, right? Wrong! Half her contacts were still in the phone's memory and we couldn't work out how to transfer them to her card. Thus a trip to a phone shop in her local shopping centre and with the help of a very skilled young lady both cards ended up with the correct information and I was in possession of a working phone. The whole thing took well over an hour, and then I had to deal with getting mine fixed at yet another shopping centre 20 minutes away from the first. More time. When I finally got home I just vegged in front of the computer.

Today we went to a swap meet in the morning. Kevin bought a couple of books and I bought some old bound sheet music. I am NOT a musician - I intend to dye and distress the paper the music is printed on. When we got home I tackled the fridge. Cleaning it is probably my least favourite household chore. I threw out lots of well past the use-by date jars and things and some very tired vegetables. Then I went and bought some more veggies. I plan to use these up quickly - but then I always plan to do that . .

No comments: