Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Practice makes perfect

and lack of practice leads to frustration on the part of both teacher and student.
I went to a workshop today on using my embroidery software. I was fine in the morning session on customising - I have been playing with this part of the software and I not only kept up , but also was able to sort out some minor mistakes without calling for help and didn't make any major booboos.

But in the afternoon . . . .

At least I wasn't the only one who hasn't been practising their digitising. I struggled along, frequently calling for help when the intended action turned into something quite different. So did everyone else. Eventually we all gave up trying to do hands on and just sat and watched our expert teacher weave digital magic. She was quite stern with us about the need for us to learn and become familiar with our software through practice. I tried to make some notes, but also made a promise to myself that I WILL try to do a bit of digitising at least once a week. As a former teacher I know how important it is to do your homework. So, Pam, expect me to be less of a class problem next time.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Hi Joan, have added you to my blogroll. Sounds like you are having fun!