Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Accomplished something today

I feel I am getting somewhere with all the bits and pieces I am working on. Today I finished the second sample for the Catalyst workshop. Just have to finish off the beading and hand sewing on the third one and I can send off photos to Annie for publication in the workshop brochure on the website. I still have a few more ideas, but I think this will be enough for a one day workshop. It is all too easy to overload people with variations.

I then did a bit more work on an embroidery piece I started in a design workshop last month. We used a picture from a magazine and traced shapes, ignoring colour and realism. You could then play with the line drawing you had. Once you had your design you were then supposed to embroider it using a range of techniques. I have mostly used bobbin work, with some couching and satin stitch, on a piece of felt with painted vliesofix ironed on to it. I am not happy with it - it is all too much the same. While I do some ideas about what to do I would welcome any suggestions.
I also met an axe murderer. This is a Scquilters injoke and refers to another quilter you have only met on the internet before and now meet in person. Apparently years ago someone's DH was a bit concerned about such a meeting, hence the reference. Today's axe murderer and her daughter were lovely people, as axe murderers usually are. Judy comes from NSW, but her daughter lives in Bullsbrook and Judy came over for Easter. We exchanged emails when I received 2 of her ATCs in the last swap Dale organised. Judy brought the ATCs she had received in a couple of the swaps and it was interesting to see familiar names, including Maureen and Jennifer, both from Designing Women. She was going to meet another swapper later this afternoon.

No comments: