Monday, April 16, 2007

Two in one again

Yesterday it RAINED - almost all day, hooray. We were informed this morning that Perth got 40mm which is almost the average for April (44mm). There is more on the way - another front is due on Wednesday or Thursday. I hope this means we will have a wet winter.

The ducks at Manning Park were happy this morning - their puddle had expanded probably threefold, but is still a long way from covering the lake bed.
There were a few other puddles around the outskirts too.



I spent several hours yesterday on my quilt and have now completed embroidering all the leaves and stems. I was going to start on the flowers today, but I am too tired. I went shopping with my daughter this afternoon at Harbour Town. She had a list of things she wanted, none of which she bought, though she bought several other things.

I made two purchases: a knife block to replace the one we have had for probably 30 years, which is now looking rather grotty, and a pair of shoes to wear to the wedding in Oregon in July. The ceremony will be outdoors on grass so high heels were a no-no. These are a low wedge in metallic leather and are very comfortable.

Incidentally, Kevin has said that he is not dancing at the wedding, but wonders if they will have a wedding singer.

No comments: