Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dilemma

To buy or not to buy? I went to a demonstration of the new Husqvarna 4D software today. There are lots of "You Beaut" innovations, but since I haven't really mastered the older version I am wondering whether it would be worth it to upgrade. On the other hand, there will be no more tutorials offered in the older software.

The new 4D Sketch offers the option to use any machine stitch in freehand drawing. I am not sure whether I would use that - I have always treated the program as a way to reproduce freemotion embroidery. But then there is the Embroidery Wizard which can turn almost any clip art motif into an embroidery. The last software program I owned that did that was the software for the Poem, and the results were always a bit iffy - results from this new program look great.

This is definitely a decision to sleep on.

2 comments:

Downunderdale said...

interesting comments, Joan - I didn't even know there was a demo on and David was here on Friday! Do you think Sketch 4 will be worth it? You can get overload sometimes! - Dale

Jill said...

Hi Joan
I found your post very useful as I was wondering also what 'new' features this 4D sketch offered having just purchased 3D sketch at Christmas!. I need to see it in action really. I am not a clip art fan, but suppose you can always draw your own clip art and have it reproduce that? anyhow, back to your blog. Best wishes jill