Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Two days today

The new pedometer has settings for km covered and kcals used up as well as the standard step counter, which can register up to 999,999 steps. Would take me a while to do that much!

I have decided that I will continue with just the daily step count and not bother with the other bits. Yesterday I did 10170 steps, as well as doing an hour of water aerobics. Very pleased with myself. Helen came to tea and we had a rolled turkey roast cooked in the barbecue with potatoes and pumpkin and a delicious warm salad of cauliflower and green beans. I adapted that from Margaret Johnson's "Recipe of the Day" in The West Australian. She has lots of good recipes and I have collected a bundle of clippings.

Early today, just after sunrise, we went for a walk at Woodman's Point. This is a strenuous walk because of the loose sand, but we had a bonus. There was a dolphin and her baby swimming just offshore - less than 3 metres away. They were plunging in and out of the weed bank - each time they came to the surface their fins were festooned with loose weed. It was a lovely sight and we watched for 5 minutes or so.


When we got home I went straight to the sewing room. I completed one workshop sample and made a good start on another. This needs hand stitching, so it may take me a while to finish it. The third sample has colours and fabric selected. I plan to cut and stitch tomorrow after I have been to water aerobics.

Because of the time I spent at the sewing machine I haven't managed a terribly good step tally. I think I'll be lucky to reach 7000.

No comments: