Thursday, April 26, 2007

Quilt Progress and another bag started

Time ran away with me yesterday. I got the quilt sandwiched and about a fifth of the quilting done, then I realised that it was sewing night for the friendship group I belong to.

Panic stations. I needed some hand work and I didn't have any. Then I remembered that I had a collection of yoyos that I had been making with hand dyed silk recycled from a blouse. A quick search unearthed a bag pattern I have often used before, I found some black velvet and ironed interfacing to the back and I was ready to go. I spent the evening arranging the bits I had and pinning them into place.

I think I need a couple more large yoyos and a few more leaves. I will bead the ones that do not have centres. This could keep me going for a few more meetings.

No comments: