Thursday, April 5, 2007

Walking - again, and a bit of fibre

I was right - yesterday was pretty bad. I got to 7038 steps though.

Today I have done nothing in the textile area, but I am over 9300 steps, plus I have done an hour's water aerobics. Now I am wondering if all this is ever going to pay off in terms of weight loss.

I went to Fremantle this afternoon to the Art Market that is held next to St John's Church every Thursday in summer. It will finish at the end of April. I wouldn't say it was spectacular, but of the 10 or so stalls selling jewellery there were a couple that had different stuff.

Not much in the way of textiles though, though one lady was selling non-textile stuff from Mexico while stitching on a tablecloth, while another stall offered clothing made from vintage fabrics. All for size 0-2 though.

I did get one bargain. I bought a pair of walking shoes from Jim Kidd for $30, originally $150. These were offered to WestCard holders as a special - reduced price for the general public was $80. I have had a WestCard for maybe 10 years and this is the first time I have used it.

It rained this afternoon. Just a sprinkle, but I hope more is to come.

No comments: