Monday, April 2, 2007

Happy Birthday

I turned 65 today - retirement age. Too bad I retired 6 years ago! I don't think I would have reached this birthday if I hadn't.

Yesterday morning we went for a really long walk and I was hoping to record a high number of steps for the day. However, I couldn't find the pedometer when I got up this morning. Both of us searched everywhere. No sign of it. We went walking and I felt strangely naked without it.

When we got home I decided to buy another one. I was surprised at how many places sell them and at the range of prices - $2.99 to $49. I decided to buy a mid range one for $14.95 from Jim Kidd Sports Store. Because we were planning to go to my sister's in Hillarys for tea I rang the Carine store and asked them to put one aside for collection.

We got to Carine about 4.45 pm. This has got to be the worst shopping centre carpark in the world, or at least in WA. Spaces were at a premium plus the spaces are really narrow and the traffic was really intense. No-one was going to stop to allow you to back out and straighten up. After a circuit, Kevin dropped me off and went looking for a park.

Ten minutes later there were spaces galore. We obviously got there at the wrong time. Anyway, I have my new pedometer and tomorrow I will start counting again. Last week I had two days over 10000, and no days with less than 8000.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY from another April baby!

Helen said...

Not too bad at all! all good. Congratulations.

joanlil said...

Hi Caity
And a happy birthday to you too!
I can't work out how to comment on your REAL blog.

Downunderdale said...

happy birthday, joan - good to see another Aries - we are special indeed.....