Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sewing Club

The monthly Club Day at Bestway is always worthwhile. Today I gathered quite a bit of inspiration from Show and Tell.

Jo, who is a very talented digitiser, showed an embroidered table runner with a simple and extremely effective way of making the points. I will definitely borrow this idea. Pat had made table runners too - this time for a family wedding in Portugal in a month or so, but the item I liked best was a denim tote bag with embroidered ladies in a fashion drawing style. Her friend had brought along a white on white appliqued and embroidered tablecloth - I would like to do something like it in a sheer fabric. Another lady had made some felt blocks with embroidered block letters. She had used a purchased design, but I will try to replicate it using 3D fabric Decorator. Linda's bag had a very clever way of adjusting the strap length.

All the ideas are written down in the notebook I take each month. Whether I will actually do something with the ideas is usually moot, but I do have a record.

Pam demonstrated the new Husqvarna embellisher. Linda and I are in agreement that we would have bought it if it had been available two years ago, but we are quite happy with our Pierrots. I do need to play a bit more though - I keep acquiring interesting stuff to use. Dale's book is due out soon - that should provide a bit of impetus.

No comments: