Thursday, April 12, 2007

Samples finished, quilt embellishment started

I have finished my workshop samples - hooray. Just need to take the photos, write the requirements list and send it all off to Annie.

Today I went to my Embroidery Guild group. The topic was thread painting which I have done before, but I decided my quilt top would fit into the day's activities. So I watched the demonstrations, then worked on embellishing the vliesofixed leaves on my quilt. There were a few beginners there today who were unaware of vliesofix and its uses so I had a few questions to answer.

After three hours of stitching I have completed four shades of green for leaves/stems. Since I have used 9 different fabrics for the greens I have a long way to go. Then I have to do the flowers and centres . .

I took the red piece along, hoping for some constructive criticism, but nothing helpful ensued. So tomorrow I will take it to Contemporary Quilt Group.

No comments: