Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Challenges

I am still quilting my WAQA entry. I have been working out from the centre, outlining and echoing the applique flowers. I was then going to continue the echoing lines at the bottom and fill in the top with freemotion stars. However, today I decided the bottom would be too boring and I have now quilted some flowers and leaves and echoed them and the bit I have done looks far more interesting. So now I will do the same thing with all the bottom and some of the top. There will still be stars though. I rashly said last week that I expected to finish the quilting on the weekend - didn't happen. Still hoping I can finish by this weekend.

Then I must tackle my box for the Designing Women challenge. I have decided on the format. I am going to use foam core and cover it with tissue paper. Started painting the paper today. I don't like what I have done, so when it is dry tomorrow I will try something else. I am not going to discard the tissue, just continue adding to it. I can visualise the finished product - the challenge will be getting there.

1 comment:

Zura said...

Hi Joan,

I just read your comment at Creative Clown. I'd love to trade links with you!

Zura