Friday, May 18, 2007

Ready for the Quilt Show

No real fiddling with fibre stuff today.

I delivered my quilt and bags this morning to the exhibition committee, along with two quilts from my friend Jenny. The reception of quilts was really well organised and I was finished with that task in less than 10 minutes.

Then I went to pick up the Contemporary Quilt Group A3 challenge quilts. They had been laid out ready for display, arranged to best advantage and photos taken so that the people hanging them won't need to make any decisions about positioning.

I am working with the hanging crew again - I did this last year so was asked to do it again. I hope we can be as efficient this year - last year we finished in less than 3 hours. But there are a few more quilts this time and the people doing the arrangement have used the centres of the quilts for alignment rather than their tops or bottoms, so transferring that alignment to the hanging sheets will be a little more difficult. Last year we just used a strip of masking tape along the top to align them, pinned them from the back and removed the tape.

I have printed the labels and will deliver them and the quilts to Stephanie tomorrow for her to attach them. The hanging is Tuesday.

No comments: