Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Craft Fair

I spent most of the day at the Fair yesterday, but still haven't seen all the quilts or taken any photographs. I think I saw almost everyone I know though!

I spent the morning at the Embroidery Guild stand demonstrating machine embroidery. I took along a piece I had started about two years ago. It is a texture piece - bits of fabrics attached and then pushed with a satay stick to make folds and ruchings as you free motion stitch. I got a lot done; in fact I ran out of fabric bits. I will post a picture next week. Bernice asked me to leave it at the stand because the colours were eyecatching: reds, oranges, golds and coppers.

In the afternoon I did a couple of workshops and walked the aisles of the stalls. I didn't buy much. Just some precut freezer paper sheets and a pompom maker - couldn't resist that. And Dale's book.

I got so tired that I rang Kevin for an early pick up and didn't start on the quilt exhibition. I now plan to do that on Sunday while I have white glove duty, then go back and take photos of the quilts I really like. No shopping on Sunday!

Last night my friendship group came here for the evening. Only four of us - two were sick, one was in New Zealand and two had unavoidable engagements. We still had a very pleasant evening. I had had to be quick at getting things ready for them though, since we didn't get home till after 5.

No fibre today except a few rounds of the next to last weaving sample. We have visitors tomorrow afternoon so I will have to get it all finished in the morning. The workshop is on Saturday. I did get the workshop notes photocopied so that's all ready.

No comments: