Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Weaving

One of the workshops I had printed off and noted as a "must do" yesterday was one by Maggie Grey on weaving with a small wooden loom.

Today I asked Kevin to make me one and he did. This is the second one he made - the first was a bit small. It looks like it will do the job beautifully.


This loom is intended for weaving in two dimensions. The little bags I taught at last week's workshop are actually three dimensional and can be woven on a piece of cardboard - they don't need a special loom. But I want to try weaving in a circle and I decided that a wooden loom would be more stable than cardboard.

Thanks, Kev. And something else good - I went to water aerobics this morning.

1 comment:

Linda’s Textiles said...

Hi Joan, my husband made me one of those looms too. I've had a weaving on it at for a while but haven't got round to the next stage yet. Will be interested to see what you do.