Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Workshops Looming

I will be teaching 3 workshops in the next month and I am panicking a bit. I need to make extra samples for two of them and also finalise requirement lists.

The first workshop is for Designing Women. The title is Back to Basics and I am getting people to experiment with ways to make interesting base fabrics for further embellishment. I have done this workshop before with absolute beginners - it will be a bit more challenging with more experienced textile artists.

The next one is for the Home Economics Institute of WA. This is one of the workshops I need to make more samples for. I was a Home Ec teacher before I retired and each year the Institute lets me show off things I have been playing with. I always make sure that the techniques taught in these workshops can easily be applied to the classroom. This time I am teaching weaving bags on a cardboard loom. I am looking forward to going shopping this weekend for yarn to make kits for the students. Here are some very old samples of the possible results.


The third workshop is for Catalyst. It is called Floaty Flowers and is about making 3D flowers from sheer fabrics.

No comments: