Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sizoflor, Tyvek and PVA

I had fun with the sizoflor today. I used two colours - blue and gold, cut out petal shapes, freemotion zigzagged the edges with metallic thread, scribbled over the surface and stitched a wire to the back of each one, then joined the petals together. The stamens are beads threaded on wire. Then I attacked it with the heat gun. This is the result. I think I will have to make another one to wear to THE WEDDING in the US in July!


Then I played with some tyvek. I coloured both sides of a piece with metallic crayons, cut out leaf shapes, sandwiched them with organza and scribbled with metallic thread - gold in the bobbin and green on top. I had intended to try to only bubble the tyvek, but I got impatient and zapped it from both sides. There are lots of lovely holes in this and I think I will apply it to a base fabric. A peach colour looked good, but I didn't have enough. I need to search my stash. The piece looks different depending on which side you look at, but I used the same colour crayons on both sides.



And the PVA? I glued the stamped tissue to my box, then coated it all with diluted PVA to seal it. No photo - but watch this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanlil, googling Sizoflor I ended up on your blog. Very nice work you have been doing.

Wanted to wish you full recovery with your health and may you have the best years yet to come.

kath
east coast USA

Anonymous said...

Hello im from australia
i am currently loving all the textile work people are doing with tyvek and was wondering where i would be able to purchase it?
nicole sydney