Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sew there

Helen stayed the night - she had a PD day at Beaconsfield (South Fremantle) and we are much closer for a 8.15am start. I tried out a new recipe for fish pie with scallops and prawns as well as fish. It was yummy (we used red emperor) but the suggested cooking time and temperature was wrong. It needed to be cooked for longer at a lower temperature. I will definitely make it again.

I went off to water aerobics with my already packed bag, started to change and discovered that I had only half of my bathers. So I had to get dressed again, come home and look for the pants section. It has been over two weeks since I last wore them - swimming was banned for 2 weeks after the thumb operation - so I had quite a few places to look. Eventually found it in the ironing basket. This says a lot about my priorities doesn't it?

So I took up Helen's new trousers, altered some undies for Kev and made a new pair of trousers for me. They have been cut out for a while, so I increased the seam allowances. They are a bit roomy still, but an elastic waistband will help. Only managed 6000 steps because we didn't walk since I had planned to go to the water session.

No comments: