Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Contemporary Quilts

Five of us set up the display at the Convention Centre today. We were finished in just over an hour and a half. It is certainly much easier when an arrangement has been done beforehand and all we had to do after pinning them in place was to tweak the positioning a little.

Afterwards we wandered around looking at the main WAQA display. There are some really fabulous art quilts. I am anticipating a really good look tomorrow after I have finished my stint at the Embroidery Guild machine embroidery stand. I am also planning a wander around the stalls.

After I got home I went into Fremantle to print some temporary brochures for Ozquilt Network which is the Australian organisation for Art Quilters. The real brochure is being printed in Sydney and won't arrive here until Thursday at the earliest, so these are stopgaps.

Memo to self: don't forget camera and spare batteries tomorrow.

No comments: