Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Exercise

I went to water aerobics this morning and then had a fitness appraisal. This is supposed to be a gentle introduction to the machines in the gym.

Gentle? My program involves 5 minutes on the treadmill at a pace that seems to be at least 3 times faster than our walking (even though we have been picking up the pace lately), followed by 3 sets of 12 on 3 different weight machines (I can probably cope with this) then 30 minutes on a recumbent cycle, again at a flat out pace.

The total circuit is supposed to last about 45 minutes. I really don't think I will be able to do this after an hour's water aerobics, so I will have to plan to go more often. It really helps that the gym is only 2 minutes away. When I get really fit I will run there (in my dreams!)

Today's fibre adventures were few. I designed and programmed a label for my quilt, but the stitch out was really horrible. Even though I reduced the top tension the bobbin thread kept pulling to the top. So I took the machine to Bestway. David updated it for me and fiddled with the bobbin tension and hopefully fixed it. We also solved the problem of a 4D Embroidery bonus design disk not loading.

I stamped a bit more on the paper for my box. Plan to finish this tomorrow.

No comments: