Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weaving bags

I had forgotten how addictive this weaving is. Over, under, over, under - just let me finish this row, or length of yarn, or piece. . .


Today I finished the recycled plastic bag piece and attached a cord handle. It's not wonderful, but it might appeal to a teenager interested in doing her bit to save the planet. I am sure if I were still a schoolteacher I could use it for as motivation. One of the best things about teaching is how students can take a fairly pedestrian idea and make something more of it. I'm sure the teachers I am teaching on Saturday will see all sorts of possibilities.

I am well on the way to completing a third sample. This will be a bag with a flap. Then I will concentrate on some stage samples to use in the actual workshop. I also need to find and modify the workshop notes I used before.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm a comp teacher in Wales and teach textiles - come teach me please!!!! My kids would love this I am sure. i would love to be able to come to your sessions!