Thursday, May 17, 2007

Feeling Better

I was decidedly unwell yesterday. Couldn't keep anything down and spent lots of time asleep. So there's my reason for not blogging.

I went to the surgeon today to have the wound looked at and mentioned yesterday's misery. He asked if I had taken Panadeine Forte on an empty stomach. Light bulb effect - I had. And the silliest thing about it was that I didn't need to take it. The finger hasn't hurt at all, but the hospital had advised me not to wait until I felt pain but take painkillers in advance.

My thumb looks much better today covered with a small dressing. There is a little bruising and swelling which extends across the back of the hand, but I can rotate it freely. Can't bend it, but was advised not to try too hard for a week. I am getting good at working around it - made dinner tonight. Green split pea soup with parmesan toasts. Yum!

No comments: