Monday, May 7, 2007

Nearly there

I finished quilting my QuiltWest entry today, trimmed the edges, made the sleeve, prepared the binding and pinned it all in place. Whew!

Now all I have to do is make and attach a label and finish the binding. The hand sewing should be a good project for my sewing group meeting on Wednesday night. Then I have to make calico carrying bags for the quilt and the bags I am also entering - need labels for them too. I think I will print the bag labels on the computer, but I am toying with the idea of an embroidered label for the quilt. A good project for my new software.

I also made considerable progress on the challenge box due next Saturday. I have painted the dividers and started on stamping the paper I will use to cover the box. Looking good so far.

No comments: