Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Day on the Computer

I have been playing all day.

I got an email to say that the June edition of Workshop on the Web will be up on Friday morning our time. This reminded me that I had not printed the workshops that interested me from the March edition, so I did that and filed them. Flipping through the folder I noticed there were some editions where I had not printed much off, so I went and had a look at them and ended up printing a lot more. Also discovered a couple of printouts of quite old workshops that I will have to do SOON.

Kevin has agreed to make me a wooden loom like one that was used in one of the December 2006 workshops. Pity that I had forgotten about that - it could have been an interesting adjunct to my workshop last week. Speaking of workshops, it looks like the one for Catalyst is not going to happen. Not enough enrolments. Bummer.

Then I opened my new 4D software and did some of the starting exercises. I must say that these are much better than in previous versions - they actually tell you what a particular selection does. Before, you just did it. I think it will help me understand the processes and extend them beyond the bare basics, which is as far as I have managed to go in the past. I will still need Pam's workshops though! There is one in a fortnight - I plan to have worked through all the exercises by then.

I am feeling really guilty about the lack of exercise. I was going to go to water aerobics but didn't, and we didn't even go for a walk.

2 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

Joan, what is the 4D software you mention? What do you aim to achieve with it?

joanlil said...

It is machine embroidery software that can be used on Husqvarna and Pfaff machines to combine and modify designs and digitise new designs.
I had the previous version and used it to make freemotion embroideries that I could repeat - great for experimenting