Friday, June 8, 2007

Contemporary Quilt Group

The theme for this month was "holes" and since, as usual, I had not managed to do an A3 size piece I took along my "Fragments" series. This is acrylic felt carved with a soldering iron and mounted on board sprayed with Moonshadow inks (walnut ink with added metallics). There are three of them, but I only took a picture of one.


I have done a small journal quilt using the same technique, but it is somewhere in the Eastern States along with four others of mine, travelling from exhibition to exhibition. For that quilt I attached the distressed felt with vliesofix to a hand dyed background fabric and then stitched around the holes and curves with a variegated thread.

Tomorrow is Designing Women and I plan to work with the embellisher to produce some blue background fabrics for the 1" swap I have rashly committed myself to.

No comments: