Thursday, June 21, 2007

Exercise and a Dinner Party

I went off to water aerobics this morning , but since I was the only person there the class was cancelled. None the less I did 45 minutes of exercises from previous sessions, so I felt I had accomplished something.

Then I went shopping for the dinner party tonight. We haven't given a formal dinner party for at least 20 years. We used to have lots of them in the 70s and 80s, then stopped doing it - I don't know why. Since then we have only had barbecues or entertained rellies - which is definitely not the same as inviting friends.

I am going to make tomato soup from Kevin's tomatoes, a posh fish pie with scallops and prawns in it as well as fish plus broccolini, green beans and carrots for the vegetable accompaniments. Dessert will be a fancy commercial icecream.

Before I start cooking I shall have to do a quick cleanup and vacuum. Could get in a few steps doing that.

No comments: