Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finished one, two to go

I went to sewing club at Bestway today - I had to choose between that and water aerobics yesterday so opted to go to club today. I plan to go to water aerobics again tomorrow.

There were some excellent pieces of work. The best bits were probably the projects that were made after last month's demonstration (which I missed because I was so ill) and Ronnie's wool scarf, embellished with circles of wool rovings. More ideas for things to do, alas.

When I got home I attacked the inchies. I finished the beading, then decided I might as well cut two more sets to make a total of nine. I wish I had thought of this in the beginning - I could have made nine sets of six to meet the requirements. I stitched buttons on two sets and little brass fake coins on another.

All finished - I will take photos of all the sets tomorrow, sort them into bags so there is one of each set in the bags for swapping, then send them off to the coordinator. There will be about 20 left over and I shall have to think of a way to use them up. There's no hurry for that - it will become just another UFO . . . .

That leaves two projects to be finished before we go to Bali - I know I won't have time between that and leaving for the US. I have to make my outfit for THE Wedding. I have the fabric, I have a pattern and I am hoping that I will have the time on Friday. I also need to do my pieces for the Melville Textile Art Project. I know what I want to do and it shouldn't take too long to do when I finally attack it.

No comments: