Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dressmaking hassles

I can understand why so few people make their own clothes these days - if I were a more standard size I wouldn't either!

The top is nearly finished. I have put a folded bias binding around the neck and armholes. The binding is sewn on the wrong side , then folded over to the right side. I made up a sample piece and have tried several ways of stitching it down. I am quite happy with one method, but I wish I had done this before I stitched the hems - maybe I could have used the same stitch on them. Oh well, I'm not about to start unstitching! Once I stitch down the bindings the top is finished except for a button and loop at the back of the neck.

The pants are also close to complete. I need to put in a hook and bar before I stitch the waistband in the ditch, then hem the legs and they're finished.

I have busy days tomorrow and Thursday, but Friday was set aside for packing. I should be able to find some time to finish this so the US to do list can have another item crossed out.

No comments: