Thursday, June 7, 2007

Does Washing Count?

Apart from a little stitching on one of the rainbow pieces I have done nothing related to fibre today. I have done a session of water aerobics, the washing and the shopping though. Close to 7000 steps recorded.

Why did I stitch on the rainbow piece when I have other challenges and this is not appropriate for any of them? Why do I procrastinate anyway? I have planned my base fabrics for the inch swap. Nothing concrete though. Apparently one of the participants has already finished, photographed her bits and sent them off !!

I WILL need to get moving on this - it is due a couple of days before we leave for the US, which would be plenty of time EXCEPT we need to take a trip to Bali to try and salvage a computers for schools project we undertook in 2004. I know, a trip to Bali is not hard to take, and I know we will have quite a bit of relax time, but Kevin is stressing re the logistics.

We plan to fly business class so we will have 60 kgs of baggage allowance and can take a computer, a couple of printers and various other bits and pieces. We have also been told by other people who have undertaken projects that we can request a few kilos bonus from Garuda if we ask in advance. However, the travel agent is not all that helpful and seems to regard us as just another couple of baby boomer holiday makers. I tried to book on the internet, but Garuda doesn't allow bookings that way. At the moment we are wait listed and still waiting for the agent to contact us.

If it works the way we want we will fly to Bali on June 16th, go to the school on the Monday to try to fix things (ie dump any of the computers we installed in 2004 that can't be made to work, plus install the others that were sent last year and apparently are just sitting there) and teach a few students the basics, then return on the Thursday or Friday to see if we can do anything else to keep the computers going. Please keep your fingers crossed. The school is up in the hills, no-one speaks English and we don't speak Bahasa. We do have an English speaking driver lined up and hope he will enjoy the challenge.

No comments: