Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Moebius knitting

I finished unravelling the knitted object I mentioned a few days ago and am now ready to recommence it.

I toyed briefly with the idea of making a moebius shawl. I have done Annie's scarf workshop and I have Cat Bordhi's books which are fabulous inspiration.


But I had so much trouble commencing the actual knitting when I did Annie's workshop that I am loathe to subject myself to so much stress again.

On checking Cat's book I find she recommends a really long circular needle - one between 48" and 60". That's between 120 cm and 150cm! I don't know if I have ever seen one that long - the longest one I have is only 80 cm and that's what I used and struggled with in the workshop.

I have decided that if I can find a long needle I will attempt another moebius scarf. If I can't I will try to find one in the States when we are there in July.

In the meantime I plan to reknit the unravelled yarn as a large rectangle, give it a half twist and graft the ends. Moebius for cheaters.

No comments: