Monday, June 11, 2007

Trip to Bali is happening

I spent a bit of time on the Internet yesterday, looking at flight availability for both Bali and New Zealand. I found what I wanted for NZ so booked on the spot for the trip over to the Fibre Forum in October. Kevin hasn't decided whether he will go to Brisbane to meet up with people he knew in PNG in the 60s while I'm at the Forum, or just join me for a tour afterwards, so nothing booked for him yet.

I ended up with a couple of possibilities for Bali, so marched off to the travel agent this morning. One of the possibilities was not - while the website said 2 seats were available, the bookings office said there was only one. In the end we ended up with two possibilities - getting to Bali via Jakarta on June 24th or a direct flight on the 30th, returning just a week before we set off to the US. We have decided on the latter and now just need to wait for confirmation of the hotel booking.

No comments: