Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Scquilters' Gathering

Four of us met at Teena's this morning: Bobbie, Stephanie, Ruth (agog in Temagog) from NSW and me. Two and a half hours later we broke up the party. We talked a lot!

Bobbie showed us the blue and yellow quilt she had made for display in the shop. It was very simple - cobblestone blocks made from 2-1/2 strips. Around the edge and held in place by the binding were folded triangles each held down by a tiny button. Really pretty and fresh looking. The strips were part of a "Jelly Roll" (40 prepacked strips) and Ruth succumbed and bought one for herself.

Stephanie showed us the appliqued patty cake blocks she is making for a swap. She is doing two kinds: one pastels on cream and the other brights on black. They will make great quilts for children. Neither Ruth or I had any show and tell.

It was a very pleasant way to spend a morning. I enjoyed myself and I hope Ruth did too.

No comments: