Monday, June 4, 2007

Play Day

I spent some time today with Angelina (fibres) and my iron. I have signed up for a 1-inch fabric charm swap that uses blue. Blue is not a colour I use a lot so I decided to make some Angelina sheets for possible use in developing the base fabric. I had two Hot Fix colours: a deep blue with quite coarse fibres and a much finer paler blue.

I tried the stamping technique where you put Angelina fibres on top of a textured surface and iron. The technique worked well with the paler finer fibre, but was not successful with the coarser one.

I also decided to try ironing velvet over a wooden stamp and had some success. I don't think I will use these pieces for the charms, but they might be useful for ATCs.

While I was pulling out fibres I found some yummy rainbow ones and some previously made Angelina sheets so I also made a couple of TBE (to be embellished) pieces by ironing the fibres and Angelina onto vliesofix.

I have ironed one onto Vilene 541 ready for machine stitching.

I think I will lay this second one on felt and use the embellisher.

No comments: